Kannan receiving the 2012 Innovation for India Award
Fractal Foundation was awarded The 2012 Innovation for India Award by the Marico Innovation Foundation for MICROSPINNING under the social category. Fractal’s selection was the culmination of a year-long process in which 437 entries were screened against three criteria -
- Sustainability of the Innovation
The other awardees in this category are,
- Akshaya Patra which runs world’s largest school meal program.
- Teach for India which is a nationwide movement of outstanding college graduates and young professionals who teach full time in low income schools.
- St. Jude which is the first center that provides free holistic care to cancer stricken children.
Under the Business category, the awardees are,
- IndiGo airlines which is the only profit making airline in India.
- redBus which is The first centralized platform in India for bus ticketing.
- UFO Moviez which is the first and only digital movie transmission platform in India, they transmit content via satellite and have a presence in over 2700 theaters in India.
The award under Public Service was given to
- GVK EMRI for its excellent coordinated emergency response system, process and trained personnel.